GEORGIA - INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
Georgia Law requires vehicle inspections every year on automobiles and light trucks (under 8500 GVW) for 1990-2011 model years.
EXCEPTIONS to these REQUIREMENTS:
- Alternative Fuel Waiver:
Vehicles powered by Diesel Fuel OR Natural Gas
- Vehicles (10 years or older),
- Driven less than 5,000 miles a year, and
- Belonging to a citizen 65 years of age and older
- Repair Waivers:
Emission related repairs must meet or exceed $855.
(PLEASE ALLOW 48 HRS FOR PROCESSING)
Part-Time WAIVER STATION in Douglas County (Operating Hours)
| Days of Week (Open)
|| Times (Open)
|| 9:30am - 1:30pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm
|| 8:30am - 12:30pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
When you have an emissions test on your vehicle, the inspection station electronically transmits your emissions report to our database.
The following vehicles are EXEMPT from emissions testing:
- Vehicles 25 years or older.
- Vehicles powered by diesel fuel.
- Vehicles with a GVWR more than 8,500 lbs.
- Vehicle less than 3 years old.
Out of area EXTENSIONS are available for:
- Out of area Students
- Out of area Business Reasons
Click here for information concerning out of area emissions extensions.
SENIOR CITIZENS are EXEMPT – Provided they meet all 3 of these qualifications
- First owner on registration must be at least 65 years of age.
- Vehicle must be at least 10 years old.
Must travel less than 5,000 miles per year. Vehicle owner must submit your current odometer reading and sign an application for exemption each year. The odometer must be in working condition to receive the exemption. Click here to print an application for a Senior Exemption